This message is being sent to both the ActiveDir@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and Windows-HiEd@lists.stanford.
At the University of Michigan we are in the planning stages of upgrading our Active Directory infrastructure from Windows Server 2012 R2 to Windows Server 2016
I would like to hear your experiences, both positive and negative, as to performing in-place upgrades of AD infrastructure from any version of Windows to Windows Server 2016. Did everything go perfectly? Were there any perils or pitfalls which you knew beforehand? Would you strongly advise against in-place upgrades? I'm trying to capture a spectrum of experiences.
You may respond to the list or to me privately at your discretion. I will be happy to summarize the results for the lists if any of you expresses interest in seeing a summary.
Jack StewartSolutions Architect, Identity and Access ManagementUniversity of Michigan4251 Plymouth RoadAnn Arbor, Michigan 48105-3640
Windows Server 2016 In-place Upgrades? Yea or Nay
- 164 Views
- Last Post 09 February 2018
This Weeks High Earners
- 1 Can AGPM Delegate Create GPO Permissions to an OU?
- 2 Export computers to a file with power shell
- 3 Do not store LAN Manager hash value on next password change
- 4 Getting Oracle CredSSP RDP Error on Server 2016 1607. Server says no update is pending.
- 5 Filtering Client certificate on ADFS certificate based authenication.