This may be somewhat OT. My institution is engaged with a vendor to assist with a migration of AD to a new forest. Part of that engagement is the installation of Quest tools: Change Auditor and Active Administrator. The vendor is saying that the account to run these needs Domain Admin privileges. I have seen vendors be lazy and rather than ask for the explicit rights needed just tend to say, “pop it in Domain Admins.” I am hoping that someone on this list has some experience with these tools and can debunk the notion of needed DA privs on a service account. Will some with experience with these tools please reply? Brian Britt
Question about Quest Tools for Active Directory
- 288 Views
- Last Post 30 May 2018
This Weeks High Earners
- 1 Can AGPM Delegate Create GPO Permissions to an OU?
- 2 Export computers to a file with power shell
- 3 Do not store LAN Manager hash value on next password change
- 4 Getting Oracle CredSSP RDP Error on Server 2016 1607. Server says no update is pending.
- 5 Filtering Client certificate on ADFS certificate based authenication.